Saturday, January 9, 2010

Taco Pie

from my friend Susan

2- (14oz) boxes Kraft Deluxe Mac-n-Cheese Dinner
2lbs ground beef (or turkey to make it healthier)
2 pkgs. taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c. water
1 1/2 c (12oz) sour cream
3 c. (12oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided (could use any cheese so try your fav)
2 c. salsa- I used a pineapple flavor, yummy!

Prepare mac-n-cheese.
In large skillet brown hamburg; drain off grease.
Add taco seasoning and water; simmer 5 min.
Stir sour cream into prepared mac-n-cheese.
Spoon half of mac-n-cheese into bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
Top with all of meat mixture.
Layer with 2 c. cheese.
Cover and bake 400 degrees.
*Remove from oven and top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered 5 min or until cheese is melted. Serves 8. Recipe is easily cut in half.

* I did not do this step because not everyone likes salsa around here we topped it individually- yummy

I made this last night for Steve and I, the boys, and 2 girls; yes I said girls-long story.

No comments: